21 December 2023

Dry Spell Ahead

My personal circumstances are about to change drastically (I'd hinted at it in a past post). Now, for the first time in 27 years I won't be having a darkroom. I don't know for how long. As this blog is intrinsically linked to my being involved in printing, this post will presumably be my last for some time. But like these snails, I'll be waiting for the first morning dew for another rejuvenation*.

If you're reading this, I reckon you've been here before. I hope you found a bit of yourself in here, a common ground which bonds us all together.

So, good luck and take care until the next time!

* I can only guess that that's what they do :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Omar, well firstly, a change in life circumstances can be a good thing and I hope it all goes safely and smoothly for you. Certainly film will probably be cheaper for you! I'll bet there are community darkrooms you can use, but please don't stop posting - granted you are inextricably linked to printing, but it is also your insight and images I enjoy seeing and reading, so please don't stop! I hope your enlarger survives the journey - opportunities will arise to set it up again . . maybe a small industrial shed?
    Anyway, all the best for the future, as I said, I hope everything goes smoothly.
    All the very best.
    Herman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks a lot for your thoughts, Phil. Much appreciated.
      I’ll send you an email with more detail.

      Delete